The Republic of Heaven

TBOD: Prologue or Epilogue?

Discuss general topics related to the series

TBOD: Prologue or Epilogue?

Postby daemon_light » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:11 pm

Do you think the Book of Dust would be a prologue or epilogue? It might be about the creation of the knife or even the ALETHIOMETER! That would be cool. I kind of want to know about that.
daemon_light
Diurnally Nocturnal

Postby Lyra&Pan » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:22 pm

Hmm, it is a kind of an epilogue because the story is before HDM, but it's also an epilogue cause PP will stop writting about L-world, Dust and stuff.
Spiderpig,spiderpig. He does whatever a spiderpig does. Can he swing from his web ?No he can't, he's a pig. Look ouuuut, look ouuuut...He's the Spiderpig !!
~ The Simpsons movie
Lyra&Pan
Witch

Yahoo Messenger: efskolyvas@yahoo.gr

Postby daemon_light » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:21 pm

Lyra&Pan wrote:Hmm, it is a kind of an epilogue because the story is before HDM, but it's also an epilogue cause PP will stop writting about L-world, Dust and stuff.

wait... what? I think you got your words screwed up. Please repeat :?
daemon_light
Diurnally Nocturnal

Postby SoulLily » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:46 pm

I suppose it could be both. I'm hoping for more of a prologue, though... What really interest me are the stories before the actual story, like how Coulter and Asriel met, how the alethiometer and the knife were made, more about Serafina Pekkala's past (like her relationship with Farder Coram) and others.
PP's also said that he doesn't plan to write more about Lyra or Will (or was that Lyra and Will...?) so an epilogue would be less interesting. I'd rather see the events that happened before the books than what happened after them. But that's just me.
To be myself, I have to put on an act.
- Philip Pullman, The Broken Bridge

SoulLily
Gallivespian Spy

Postby shinoshaki » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:05 pm

SoulLily wrote:PP's also said that he doesn't plan to write more about Lyra or Will (or was that Lyra and Will...?) so an epilogue would be less interesting. I'd rather see the events that happened before the books than what happened after them. But that's just me.

He said he wasn't going to write about Lyra and Will together... he said their story was over. He wrote Lyra's Oxford after, though, so seems that there may be stories about each of them... but probably only about Lyra.

And I think I read somewere that the Book of Dust was about the past of the subtle knife etc.etc...
shinoshaki
Grazer

Postby Jopo » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:26 pm

I know it was kind of leaving us in suspense but I feel we need to know what has happened to Will, such as his Mother's situation. I think this could easily be part of the Book of Dust seens as we have already seen Lyra's continuing situation in Lyra's Oxford and it's something plenty of people are interested in.
Jopo
Grazer

Postby daemon_light » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:44 pm

shinoshaki wrote:
And I think I read somewere that the Book of Dust was about the past of the subtle knife etc.etc...

I'm almost more interested to hear about the alethiometer's history... although the knife seems to have more of a journey and story, but we haven't heard as much about the alethiometer (kind of the appeal to it though.)

EDIT: Don't get me wrong I really want to hear both. I'm basically equally interested.
daemon_light
Diurnally Nocturnal

Re: Prologue or Epilogue?

Postby VerityVadray » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:36 pm

I definitely need to know what happend with Will, cuz amber spyglass ends so open with him going back and we never know what happens after! ofc, that's how all books are when they end - u want to know what happens after it ends - but i think it'd be neat if he wrote about that. somehow, though, i get the feeling that the book will be about the creation of the knife and the alethiometer and all that stuff, cuz its all mentioned a lot in HDM. i guess a real story about it all would be pretty cool. although i will really miss Lyra and Will! is there any more info anywhere online about this book??

~VerityVadray
VerityVadray
Grazer

Postby Alex-Giovanni » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:17 am

PP said that after he had written 'The Book Of Dust' he was going to write a small green book about what happened to Will after TAS to go with 'Lyra's Oxford' and 'Once Upon A Time In The North.'
Alex-Giovanni
Grazer

Postby TheRealNeo » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:44 am

Alex-Giovanni wrote:PP said that after he had written 'The Book Of Dust' he was going to write a small green book about what happened to Will after TAS to go with 'Lyra's Oxford' and 'Once Upon A Time In The North.'

really?
good.
TheRealNeo
Armoured Bear

Postby Stelmaria7 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:13 am

yay I'm so excited about TBOD and the little green book. :)
Stelmaria7
Gallivespian Spy

Location: sitting at the computer, staring into it's endless depths and reminissing about what could have been

Postby shady » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:45 pm

i think Pullman is not really onto the work on the book.
it may be finished in late 2009,or even not published at all(hope not,but that`s the look of it) :!:
Some Will Fall but i Rise Thug Or Die
Makin Choices that Determine my Future Under the Sky
shady
Gallivespian Spy

Website: http://www.TheHateUGiveLittleInfantsFucksEveryone.com

Return to “%s” General The Book of Dust Talk