The Republic of Heaven

Joy To The World

A place for all you creative sraffies to post your stories, songs, poems, and photos

Re: Joy To The World

Postby Somewhat » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:49 pm

That was lovely, Peter. I love Glory more and more with every avidly devoured story.

By the way, is there any chance that the lost Earth, over the course of the Whistledown's flight, has already regenerated and supports healthy life again?
Sraffie Awards 2008: Sexiest Male Sraffie // Formerly known as moonflash. Avatar courtesy of the lovely Bee.

"Can I make you a sandwich?"
"Okay - but no mayo. And no raisins, or celery. And no peas. No love, no joy, no future. No mushrooms."

- Buttercup Festival
Somewhat
Raustralian

Postby Anoria » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:49 pm

Thank you for the wonderful Christmas gift, Peter :) I love getting a look at the 'Down's personality.
Hey baby, what's your callsign?

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Anoria
Solver

AOL: telcontara177

Postby Peter » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:38 pm

Thank you Dawn and Raphael.

Is there life on Earth? Well, we know that Sol is naked-eye visible from Glory (because Annie says so). We also know that Earth is invisible from the surface (see above). But from orbit? Or from Sally? That might be another matter. The Sweetheart and Whistledown would not have made the journey to the system of the Blessèd sun if they hadn't detected a planet (Hally, by occultation) and water (Glory, by spectral analysis). So they knew that there were reasonable odds that they would find a habitable world.

But... I'm not sure that they could use the technology that found Glory to tell if the lost Earth is habitable once more.

That's one answer. The other is that I have a chunk of notes and several tens of thousands of words stashed away in which I describe post-Plague life on Earth and the adventures of a boy (Toby) who lives in a future version of Liverpool, not to mention some stuff about a girl (Sally) whose father is burned for being a witch.

Who can say which, if either, answer is true?
Peter
Not an endangered species

Return to “%s” The Artroom