The Republic of Heaven

Should Lyra know about her parents' deaths?

Discuss the concluding book of the trilogy

Yes
90%
No
10%

Total votes : 31

Postby Donny » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:53 pm

Hello it is me again. :D :x After read TAS i was sad Lyra didn't know about her parents'death.what do you think will be her reaction if she knew.Do you think she should know about her parent.Me yes :D I think if she knew she will be proud and know her parents loved her
There was a clatter as the Basilisks fangs cascaded out of Hermione’s arm. Running at Ron, she flung them around his neck and kissed him full on the mouth. Ron threw away the fangs and broomstick he was holding and responded with such enthusiasm that he lifted Hermione off her feet.
‘Is this the moment?”Harry asked weakly, and when nothing happened expect that Ron and Hermione gripped each other still more firmly and swayed on the spot, he raised his voice.’ I there’s war going on here!’
Donny
Grazer

Yahoo Messenger: Fatydona@yahoo.fr

Postby Stelmaria7 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:29 am

I think she sould have and i was suprized when the head master of Jordan collage didn't tell her. Then i sayed that they didnt really even care about her because they spent all their money on them selves. well actually he lied to her and told her that they did give her money to stay at the collage or something like that.
Stelmaria7
Gallivespian Spy

Location: sitting at the computer, staring into it's endless depths and reminissing about what could have been

Postby Chris80 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:50 am

I think she should know, and that she will find out eventually. She has a lot of people that care about her, but her parents were awful to her for all of the time she knew them. I'm sure it would do nothing but comfort her to know how they sacrificed their lives for her.
Chris80
Zalif

Yahoo Messenger: christopherkmoore
AOL: starcrossedchris

Postby Grumman » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:32 am

Chris80 wrote:I think she should know, and that she will find out eventually. She has a lot of people that care about her, but her parents were awful to her for all of the time she knew them. I'm sure it would do nothing but comfort her to know how they sacrificed their lives for her.

Those are right my thoughts. For most of her life she could very well do without them, and she meant nothing to them. However, at the moment which counted, they supported her in the ultimate way they could. It would be nice for her to know that.

Probably the greatest sorrow for her is that, besides leaving Will, although she's surrounded by people who car for her, there's nobody to whom she can intimate...except for Pantalimon. At least Will shall have Mary.
Grumman
Armoured Bear

Postby Yrael » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:38 pm

I agree that it is sad that Lyra has no-one to talk to but also i disagree, at the end of TASG she tells the Master at Jordan College and Dame Hannah Relf about her experiences, so even though she doesn't a friend as such to talk to about her feelings, she does at least have people that know about her experiences.
Yrael
The eighth shiner

Postby Kirsty » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:55 pm

Yes she does deserve that, and I'm glad it happened in NL/TGC instead of later on in the series, really.
Kirsty
Zalif

Re: Lyra'reaction

Postby will parry hopeful » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:44 pm

she definitly deserved to know, everyone deserves to know who their parents are
my daemon is ariel and is apparently a lion
will parry hopeful
Grazer

Postby Yrael » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:40 pm

Although not everyone would want to know, because they might be dissapointed.
Pick a Star, any star!
Yrael
The eighth shiner

Postby Halo Nerd » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:09 am

Think of how terrible you'd feel (After losing your dearest love no less) upon finding out that the parents who you hated so much really did care about you and died to protect you and the last things you said to them would've been any number of horrible things?

I think it would be better to live in blissfull ignorance.
Halo Nerd
Grazer

Postby daemonpurra » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:34 pm

she should know because she had to know what her part in the war was.
who knows what side she would be on if she didn't know
Mrs. Coulter sounds like a sexy criminal mastermind
daemonpurra
Gyptian

Postby MojaveByrd » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:32 am

No one else saw Asriel and Mrs. Coulter die, so how would they know what happened?* Also, does anyone know that the Authority is dead, too? Does anyone care? (Probably not as far as the Authority is concerned).

Someone said that Lyra has no one while Will at least has Mary. But Lyra has Serafina Pekkala who said she would be there for Lyra for the rest of her life. I would think that sometime in the future, since Lyra can be a witch in every way but flying, that she would come under the tutelage of Serafina to learn about witchcraft.

*I'm editing this post because I realized after I posted it that the angel Xaphania knew what happened to Asriel and Mrs. Coulter. (4/7/)
My Osprey daemon, Andreas
MojaveByrd
Gallivespian Spy

Return to “%s” The Amber Spyglass