The Republic of Heaven

The Marzipan Thread

Discuss the concluding book of the trilogy

The Marzipan Thread

Postby Soapy » Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:59 pm

We've had the thread about your daemons, and what you would choose and all that. But from what I've seen there is no Marzipan thread. So this it.

This is a thread for true stories. True personal stories that you would tell the Harpies when you get there, or tempt Will and Lyra with. Saying that they don't need to be your first love, or first kiss or first heartbreak, but they have to be true, personal and important.

I had a good long think about mine and I've settled on this, since it's best to begin at the beginning.

My story:
Michael was my childhood sweetheart, there was a month between us and less than that between our 2 brothers. They were best friends. Our mothers were best friends, and so naturally (when I was born a girl) we would have to be sweethearts. We grew up together, practically living in each other's houses. His mum is the only person I call 'Aunty' and she's not even my real aunt. I have a picture somewhere (it's torn in half now) of us sitting on the window seat kissing when we were about 5, it's ever so sweet. But Michael was a typical boy - he loved football, girls, TV and had commitment issues, much to my dismay. When we were about 9 he decided he preferred football to girls, which was fine with me considering I was 9 and assumed that eventually he'd come around and see sense!

He didn't.

Time went on and we hit puberty, I think he knew I was still besotted with him and took full advantage of that. Still liking football, girls and having commitment issues he would never be my 'boyfriend' but had no problem being my, well, I won't use the word but a different kind of friend. It was difficult for me to know that it didn't mean nearly as much for him as it did for me, but I was obsessed with him and thought I loved him and anything was better than nothing as far as he was concerned. Eventually that stopped and I was left feeling depressed and unwanted, which spiralled and developed into full-blown depression. I honestly don't think he knows that, I never told him. I don't suppose I ever will either.

Anyway, I reckon I'll always have a little soft spot in my heart for him that'll hurt when it's pressed, but mostly I'm over it. I saw him in April, and at the time I was feeling pretty confident so I was all right. Next time I see him? - Who knows!

So that was my first love, first kiss and first heart-break all in one.

Come on then: Tell me stories!

Mine was a pretty personal story and I understand if some people don't want to share theirs
Last edited by Soapy on Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Sraffie Formerly Known As hermit
Soapy
President Lesbian

Postby zemarl » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:29 pm

brilliant thread... does this story have to be a 'most anything' story? (ie most embarrassing/wonderful/other) i'm still thinking so this is me stalling and approving at the same time
i wear purple for my daddy
zemarl
I ATE'NT DEAD

Location: the library of unseen university (dimension unknown)

Postby Soapy » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:36 pm

zemarl wrote:does this story have to be a 'most anything' story? (ie most embarrassing/wonderful/other)

Anything you want. As long as it's true and personal.
Soapy
President Lesbian

Postby Kahlan » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:09 pm

Hmm.. Okey..I sort of have a story.. Not a 'most anything' story I think, but maybe my first something? Maybe the first boy I've ever felt something real for. Cliché, I know. So sue me.

So, I was at this party, a few months ago, and we both got a bit drunk. When I get drunk, I get really outgoing, something I'm really not when not drunk That might have had something to do with the fact that he even laid his eyes on me, and thought of me as something other than his best friend's girlfriend's best friend. Well, anyways, we had a good time, and I thought he actually liked me. We met more times, but always there seemed to be something in the way.
This last month has been weird, him constantly flirting with me, but still showing up with a new girl almost every week. It just irritates me so. If he doesn't like me, stop hitting on me!
The worst part about it is that I like him, and it's just not the same with any other guy. Not that I've met that many guys these past months. Gosh, I'm so pathetic.. :?
Each time I think I have forgotten about him, he comes running to me, and I, being the fool I am, take his rotten ass back. :?
That has actually happened now, we're closer to getting together now than ever before, and allthough I know he's such an ass, I'm happy...

And that's my story.. Pathetic..
Happy now Sophie? :P
Well after all, we'll lie another day
And through it all, we'll find some other way
Kahlan
Witch

Postby Soapy » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:17 pm

Thank you for sharing!

Kahlan wrote:Happy now Sophie?

Well, I was never not happy.
Soapy
President Lesbian

Postby Kahlan » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:35 pm

hermit wrote:Thank you for sharing!

Kahlan wrote:Happy now Sophie?

Well, I was never not happy.

Never thought you to be unhappy either.
Well after all, we'll lie another day
And through it all, we'll find some other way
Kahlan
Witch

Postby The Funny Man » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:12 am

Women...
The Funny Man
Gyptian

AOL: bob_saget@yahoo.com

Postby Maler » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:34 am

well this is my story... (hard to believe i ever had a crush huh!?)

Ok well I really liked this guy right? Well, he was funny, cute, and nice. Well every girl in my class said they hated him just because he aimed a joke at them. Not mean, just really funny. I didn't care what they said. Anyway one day when in the class i caught him looking in my direction. After that I felt suddenly aware how I looked. I was harsh on myself because I really, really liked him right. Well I hate skirts, and shorts, so i usualy wear pants right? So anyway the next day and the next day i caught him looking in my direction right. Then I found out that he was looking at Alli who sat next to me in class. He was friends with her and so ya, it was bound to be that she toilet papered his friend's house. After the year had ended I felt really horrible because it was the end of Middle School and I would be going to a different school than him. I just wanted to tell him how I felt about him but, my dad picked me up early so i didn't have the chance. I still love him though, although we probably won't see each other ever again.

So that's all, I'm a little heartbroken but, i will Survive!
That's a true story about my love life, and quite Frankly I'm going to wait until after College to love again. It just hurts too much. :cry:

But I'll be happy if I live to be single for a while and still be shexy! :D
Maler
Gallivespian Spy

Postby Stargirl » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:58 am

that rimindes me of emlemetry school, there was a boy who i had a crush on since kinder, and we went to diffrent middle schools but i still saw him sometimes becuase we both had siblings at the same school, and i just saw him a few months ago b4 we started high school (diffrent ones) and he is really really ugly, but still so nice......
im going to have to think of another sory though, that one doesnt count, im kinda getting overhaving my heart just broken, and i dont think its going to be anytime soon, so i dont wnat to think about that..........

Es mejor morrir parada que vivir en tus rodillas."
Ernesto "Che" Guevarra Lynch de la Serna

It is better to die standing than to live on your knees.
Stargirl
Si te amo

Postby Stargirl » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:39 am

this has nothing to do with love or romance or anything but its hilarious and should definetly be shared with bush hatters everywhere.

I was at summer camp last year. and before each meal someone shares a quote. so were were on a hike and we were thinking of quotes. and someone said oh lets qoute channey!! "go **** yourself" and of course there is a "no swearing rule" at camp, so the counselor says hey you guys cut it out. and we said what were not allowed to quote the vice "president"??!?!?!?! and he said no just dont use that language. so then we started calling him anti-american and making fun of him and pushed him into the creek. it was much fun.

Stargirl
Si te amo

Postby Maler » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:09 pm

lol that one really did make me laugh!

*still chuckling maddly like a hen!*

I don't really like Bush either! I think he's a racest ~*dugong*~ who cant tell a rose bush from an elephant!

Sorry for my little post Bush lovers.:oops: :shock: :D
Maler
Gallivespian Spy

Postby hollytamale » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:17 pm

hermit wrote:I've already made a thread like this and everybody ignored it! It's here

I quoted that from something in another thread...and just wanted to say that it died not because people ignored it, but because some people destoryed it by telling a political joke and saying stupid things that sort of killed any desire anyone would have to share a story...I know I didn't really feel like writing about my "first love" or anything else after I had to put up with
Maler wrote:I don't really like Bush either! I think he's a racest ~*dugong*~ who cant tell a rose bush from an elephant!

I'm not saying I love Bush-it really doesn't matter my political preference. But at least have some intelligent reasons why you don't like someone.
R-A-C-I-S-T, by the way. If you bring up rose bushes and elephants as reasons why you don't like the leader of a nation, I can be picky about your ignorance in spelling.
"We may ignore, but we can nowhere evade, the presence of God." -C.S. Lewis

Here's mine:
http://www.xanga.com/hollytamale05
hollytamale
Armoured Bear

AOL: hollytamale05

Postby Alewyn » Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:41 pm

So today was the last day of school before break. My friends and I were waiting outside for Bri's mom to pick us up and bring us to a pizzeria. Meanwhile my no-one-knows-about-it "boyfriend" was waiting inside, calling for a ride home. We had asked if he wanted to come with us but he declined. I ran inside, claiming that I had to go to the bathroom, and met him in the office.
"Sure you don't want to come?"
"Yeah, my sister's practically here."
"Well," I started, "I'm 'going to the bathroom'" He nodded. I walked out of the office and gave him one last look. The bathroom I went to has a little nook for the water fountains and doors. I went in there and took a long drink of water. In about half a minute he showed up and stood in front of me. We loked at each other, listening to the teacher's voices 10 feet away.
"Merry Christmas," I said.
"Merry Christmas."
"I love you," I mouthed. He mouthed it back. He looked anxious.
"A hug, at least?" he asked. In answer I put my arms around him and he held me close. Eventually we pulled apart.
"Merry Christmas," I repeated.
"Merry Christmas," he said. I walked back outside and joined my friends.

A little weak, but stuck in my head, so I wrote it.
Meraa mitra yahaan aaiye.

Of course, if dryers were the link between the worlds, then Will would be spending all his free time jumping into dryers.

We must build the Republic of Heaven in the dryer...
Alewyn
Witch

Postby hollytamale » Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:10 am

That's one of those really intense occurrences that is burned in your mind for a long, long time even if it eventually seems trivial and inconsequential in years to come. I like it. :P
"We may ignore, but we can nowhere evade, the presence of God." -C.S. Lewis

Here's mine:
http://www.xanga.com/hollytamale05
hollytamale
Armoured Bear

AOL: hollytamale05

Postby Stargirl » Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:03 am

no kiss? i'm dissapointed. :( haven't you managed to kiss him on the mouth yet then? your in eighth grade right? humph. i got my first kiss 2 days after 7th grade let out. poo. i want a boyfriend.

well today i went with one of my best friends who i havent been so close to lately, and we live in the bay area, and we rode our bikes out to this spot i have, and we climed down a cliff to this little hidden beach. it's directly across from the san fransico airport (which is really half in millbrae and half in south san francisco) and it's super foggy and misty today, so the run ways were all lit up with lights all along the edges, and we watched the planes land and we even saw a huge ship coming under the sm bridge. it was so beautiful.

Stargirl
Si te amo

Postby Jaya » Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:20 am

Bleurgh.

I'm still in love with my first love. I think. We were friends...but I said some things to him that weren't nice and he stopped talking to me last Christmas. Then...on the 9th of February, I saw him again...and I told someone in front of him how upset I was about him not talking to me. And then he started talking to me again. Because he said he felt like it. And then we became best friends. And I loved him. A lot. And he loved me. And we spent hundreds of pounds on phonecalls. (Whoops, got into a lot of trouble) And talked into the wee hours of the morning... But then things went wrong. He said he felt like he'd ruined my life. And then he said I hurt him, and was a manipulative bitch. And he knew I'd do anything for him so he asked me to stop talking to him altogether because he couldn't do it himself. So I did.

Haven't talked to him since August >_<

Miss him lots. But hopefully this story isn't finished yet.
"To him whose elastic and vigorous thought keeps pace with the sun, the day is a perpetual morning."
-Henry David Thoreau

ImageImageImageImageImage
Jaya
Je ne suis pas une sraffie.

Postby Alewyn » Sat Dec 24, 2005 5:11 am

Stargirl wrote:no kiss? i'm dissapointed. :( haven't you managed to kiss him on the mouth yet then? your in eighth grade right? humph. i got my first kiss 2 days after 7th grade let out. poo. i want a boyfriend.

yeah, i know. actually, the real end of that story is that we heard his sister coming towards us and sprang apart. so we just have bad luck.

and :cute: to angelofboox

Of course, if dryers were the link between the worlds, then Will would be spending all his free time jumping into dryers.

Alewyn
Witch

Postby manda » Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:58 am

Haven't really got a boyfriend, but here's my first kiss story... (Surprising, I know, 11 and already been kissed)

Well, I had a web design project, where groups have to make a web page and enter it into a competition and I was in a group with this guy. I hated him at first, but over the course of the project, I started to like him... quite a lot actually... Now this is the pathetic bit, I actually had dreams where he kissed me, gosh, I am pathetic. The project came and went and it went pretty good, our page looked good. A couple of times after out lesson, we walked up to the classroom together and talked. Then I went on MSN, and I had a chat with him and he tolfd me he really liked me and I said the same. And then we got the letter, saying that we had won a prize! Course, everyone was dead chuffed and our entire group consisting of 5 people, our principle and our teacher went to the city to get announced. Only 2 people in each group went up to collect the certificate and because we basically did the project between us, me and the nameless boy went up. We got Highly Commended and when we posed for a photo, he reached over and kissed me lightly on the lips. I kissed him back (no pashing) and then everyone started hooting. I was so embarrassed and my friends massacred me afterwards, but it felt good. Anyway, I'm still in his class, but we don't talk that much, in order to shake off attention. So, yeah, there's my story!

Bolvangesque: Simplify your mind by cutting away your soul.

"I swear to drunk I'm not God!"
manda
Gallivespian Spy

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow... Where blue birds fly...

Postby kyrabelacqua » Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:12 am

Wow... what does he look like?

I don't have anything to tell the Harpies. You never know, I might die tomorrow, and then I'll be stuck in the Land of the Dead forever!

Can I tell them a story about the time me and my friends stuck feathers all over a teachers car - and never got caught?
kyrabelacqua
Armoured Bear

Postby Alewyn » Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:41 am

manda- that's adorable!!!!!

kyra- heck yeah, please elaborate...

Alewyn
Witch

Return to “%s” The Amber Spyglass