The Republic of Heaven

What is man's worst invention?

Questions about Anything Non-HDM

Postby rats_rox » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:38 pm

I would have to agree with realigion because when you look at all of the murders and wars that have taken place in the name of god, but then I am a complete atheist so... :)
Morrible: Yes, yes, of course! Oh, You must be Miss Nessarose, the governor's daughter. What a tragically beautiful face you have! *Sees Elphaba, snorts*...And you must be.

Elphaba: I'm the other daughter. Elphaba. I'm beautifully tragic.

Elphaba: So, no matter how shallow and self-absorbed you pretend to be...

Fiyero: Excuse me, there's no pretense here. I happen to be genuinely self-absorbed and deeply shallow.
rats_rox
Armoured Bear

Postby Angel to follow » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:48 pm

Religion, I retain, is not an invention.
Lauren-Jane

I have a great mind to believe in Christianity for the mere pleasure of fancying I may be damned.
George Gordon
Angel to follow
Queen of Wonderland

Postby Alexandra » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:13 pm

Angel to follow wrote:Religion, I retain, is not an invention.

Actually, you're right... It's human nature to question our beginning, from which would evolve religion. But it's still a pretty big fault in humanity.
Alexandra
6 x 9 = 42

Postby Window » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:18 pm

at-the-stars wrote:

Actually, you're right... It's human nature to question our beginning, from which would evolve religion. But it's still a pretty big fault in humanity.

Alot of wars are started over religion but religion is just made up by people who are scared of death.
Window
Gyptian

Postby maija » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:20 pm

Religion is also a good thing. People who don't have anythign in their life have at least their religion and a peace of mind.
"Tässä on visiirini Jafar, hänkin on iloinen!"
"Ratkean."

n__n
maija
Angel

Postby Window » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:24 pm

I don't mind most religions its just christianity I don't like.
Window
Gyptian

Postby maija » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:26 pm

Oh. And you are a christian?
Last edited by maija on Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Tässä on visiirini Jafar, hänkin on iloinen!"
"Ratkean."

n__n
maija
Angel

Postby Window » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:31 pm

No I am not a christian.
Window
Gyptian

Postby Alexandra » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:31 pm

Window wrote:
at-the-stars wrote:

Alot of wars are started over religion but religion is just made up by people who are scared of death.

Yeah but it's not like someone woke up one day and said "Oh gosh, I've got a GREAT idea! Religion!" So it's not an invention in that way. It was made by humans, but it's not technically invented.
Alexandra
6 x 9 = 42

Postby Window » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:37 pm

at-the-stars wrote:
Window wrote:
at-the-stars wrote:

Yeah but it's not like someone woke up one day and said "Oh gosh, I've got a GREAT idea! Religion!" So it's not an invention in that way. It was made by humans, but it's not technically invented.

But it was made by man so was invented by man it may have not been done in one day but over a course of time but still man made religion in the whole.
Window
Gyptian

Postby Alexandra » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:40 pm

Window wrote:
at-the-stars wrote:
Window wrote:
at-the-stars wrote:

But it was made by man so was invented by man it may have not been done in one day but over a course of time but still man made religion in the whole.

But we don't consider stories or myths inventions, do we? It's basically the same thing.
Alexandra
6 x 9 = 42

Postby Window » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:54 pm

at-the-stars wrote:
Window wrote:
at-the-stars wrote:
Window wrote:
at-the-stars wrote:

But we don't consider stories or myths inventions, do we? It's basically the same thing.

no we don't consider stories or myths inventions but was religion made by man?
Window
Gyptian

Postby Alexandra » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:13 am

Okay I'll stop quoting cause this is getting long...

Okay let me rephrase: What I'm saying is that organised religion WAS created by man, and you can call it an invention, but the beliefs weren't "invented". I think that no matter what happened in the past, it's human nature to create something like a "religion", by putting a sort of storyline to your beliefs (if that makes sense), whether it's organised or not. And if it is human nature, then you can't call it an invention.
Alexandra
6 x 9 = 42

Return to “%s” Anything Goes - Questions and Polls