27%
Green Party
47%
UKIP
No votes

Total votes : 15

Political Alignment Check

Postby gullifer » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:10 am

Hmmmm, with election time looming, who do people think that they will be voting for?

(Or alternatively, who did people vote for in the US presidential election, if applicable)

(Or who would people vote for if they had the right to....)

(Or just say why democracy is wrong.)
gullifer
Gallivespian Spy

Postby jessia » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:13 am

what's ukip?
"o stars, isn't it from you that the lover's desire for the face
of his beloved arises? doesn't his secret insight
into her pure features come from the pure constellations?"
- from rainer maria rilke's third elegy

sign up and help edit+create his dark materials wiki articles for bridgetothestars!
http://www.bridgetothestars.net/wiki/index.php

Image Image
jessia
Sraffie Queen

Postby Cookiemonster » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:13 am

jess wrote:what's ukip?

UK independence party.
Genius is always allowed some leeway, after the hammer has been prised from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up - Thief Of Time.

There may, as the philosopher says, be no spoon, although this begs the question of why there is the idea of soup. - Thief Of Time

*Divide By Cucumber Error - Please Re-install Universe And Reboot* - Hogfather

To travel between universes would require an extremely subtle knife, or a cunning spoon - Callum

:cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute:

Bunnies!

ImageImage
Cookiemonster
Sweet and Delicious

Postby Will » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:25 am

They would ideally like to detach the UK from the Earth and orbit around it in a condescending manner.

I picked Lib Dem on this poll, but I'll vote Labour at the election, as they're much closer to getting out the Tory here.
Q: If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God tell you when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
Pullman: Well, I'm retiring, would you like to take it on ?
Will
Homo Sine Deo

Postby Dante » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:27 am

If I was old enough to vote, I'd agree with Will.

I'm glad there's no BNP in this poll.
Dante
Kombucha Mushroom Person

Postby Qu Klaani » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:36 am

I picked Lib Dem on this poll, but I'll vote Labour at the election, as they're much closer to getting out the Tory here.

I did the exact opposite, I picked labour, but Ill vote lib dem at the election, as theyre much closer to keeping out the Tory here.
Qu Klaani
Idi Admin

Postby Blossom » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:41 am

i suppose i'd vote labour, not that i agree with anything they've done lately. what the hell is that savings thing about? as soon as each kid turns 18 they'll only spend it on drugs/music/flying scooters. well i know i would.
Blossom
Brigade Leader

Postby Townie » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:43 am

I predict a Tory victory i.e. that grinning Tw*t staying on.

I've always voted with my heart so it's green, I'm afraid. Not overly keen on 'em, but there you are.
If I was voting with my head I'd vote Lib Dem cos they've pledged to scrap the council tax (which is bleeding me dry) and scrap ID cards - And more importantly they've the best chance of getting the Arch-Blairite Labour moron we've got here.
"A man does not show his greatness by being at one extremity, but rather by touching both at once." - Blaise Pascal
"Better a cruel truth than a comfortable delusion" - Edward Abbey
Townie
Village Idiot

Postby gullifer » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:55 am

Hmmm, as much as I hate to say this, the Conservatives have views coincident with mine on the issues that affect me the most. Mainly on education. I couldn't conscience voting for Labour given how much they've messed up the education system. (As well as the fact that they are pursuing a truly retarded anti-terrorism policy.) Still, I couldn't never vote for nasty little opportunist Michael Howard and his party of disunited and confused misfits. And as for the Liberal Democrats, they have no bloody policies. So I don't know.
gullifer
Gallivespian Spy

Postby krebbe » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:57 am

Lib dem just for the hell of it, but I'm not sure if I'm eligible to vote. I spend half the year under a different government at home: the Bailiwick of Jersey
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Join BttS Chat on irc.quakenet.org #btts
chat forum topic
chat channel statistics
krebbe
Stultifyingly Substantiated

Postby Max » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:08 am

gullifer wrote:I couldn't conscience voting for Labour given how much they've messed up the education system. (As well as the fact that they are pursuing a truly retarded anti-terrorism policy.) Still, I couldn't never vote for nasty little opportunist Michael Howard and his party of disunited and confused misfits. And as for the Liberal Democrats, they have no bloody policies. So I don't know.

That's why I wouldn't vote Labour, Conservative, or Lib dem; Labour's seemingly exemplary economic performance is offset (and then some) by their educative ~*iguana*~ and yes, their demagogic liberty-infringing terrorist policy. So I'd vote Green, because I know they won't win, but supporting them would help highlight the point that ~*iguana*~ up the world is not good.
Last edited by Max on Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Max
Guardian of the Thesauri

Postby Will » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:09 am

Yeah, voice your protest! ...

Q: If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God tell you when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
Will
Homo Sine Deo

Postby Max » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:12 am

Will wrote:Yeah, voice your protest! ...

Now Will, that's not in the spirit of democracy. ...

Max
Guardian of the Thesauri

Postby Will » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:14 am

supporting them would help highlight the point that ~*iguana*~ up the world is not good.

It just won't, see.
Will
Homo Sine Deo

Postby Kinders » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:18 am

* sigh *

I voted Green last time and I'll vote Green this time. It's just sad that I (and just about everyone else who votes with me) am voting Green because they're the least *bleaurgh* party out there.

But that's politics...

I joined this forum shortly after turning 17, and for several years was liable to be
any combination of angry, self-righteous, naive, uninformed, curt and belligerent.
Luckily this teenage attitude is only occasionally evident in my posts - but where
it is, I apologise, and ask you to read them with the understanding that I am no
longer quite so consumed by any of those characteristics.

My website
Kinders
Good egg

Postby Will » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:19 am

Give 'em enough power and they soon will be.
Will
Homo Sine Deo

Postby krebbe » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:22 am

Labour's higher education policy doesn't make much sense to me - make university more accessible to everyone by making everyone pay more. I agree with the Tory policy of sending fewer people into higher education. Everyone who really wants to go into higher education should be free to, but encouraging people to turn away from an apprenticeship in the working world in favour of a generic low level university course, which may give little or no additional value to your job prospects, does no favours for anyone involved.

chat forum topic
chat channel statistics
krebbe

Postby Qu Klaani » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:30 am

Top up fees is one of the (increasingly) many issues where if you're against labour for it, you've gotta be against the tories, because even though they voted against, theyre all for them, they were just being all lib demish (oppurtunistic.)
Qu Klaani
Idi Admin

Postby krebbe » Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:37 am

Qu Klaani wrote:Top up fees is one of the (increasingly) many issues where if you're against labour for it, you've gotta be against the tories, because even though they voted against, theyre all for them, they were just being all lib demish (oppurtunistic.)

They're not behind the inexplicable aim of sending everyone into higher education just for the hell of it, which to me seems to be a considerable factor in the need for top-up fees. I'm not against top up fees per se; it's more the idea of making students, who are doing really worthwhile courses pay more, because the funds that would otherwise have been available for them are depleted by students who are only there because they feel they're supposed to be there or because uni looks like a good laugh (I have friends who did this from my school, some of whom have since dropped out and others don't seem to give a damn about their course and are more interested in the cheap drugs and nightlife - apparantly I'm missing out by refusing to try 'pills').

None of this affects me, since Jersey still has a grants system for higher education - lucky me.

chat forum topic
chat channel statistics
krebbe

Postby sg249 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:56 pm

Labour - only way to get a real Labour government in a couple of years time and keep the Tories out in 2009.

sam
Interviewer - "What was going through your mind as you scrummed down against the All Blacks two men down?"

Martin Johnson - "My spine."
sg249
Zalif

Return to “%s” Anything Goes - Questions and Polls