The Republic of Heaven

Sraffie Book-on-Tape?

Discuss the opening book of the trilogy

Postby Somewhat » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:53 am

*Poke*

I assume not everyone is busy :P
Sraffie Awards 2008: Sexiest Male Sraffie // Formerly known as moonflash. Avatar courtesy of the lovely Bee.

"Can I make you a sandwich?"
"Okay - but no mayo. And no raisins, or celery. And no peas. No love, no joy, no future. No mushrooms."

- Buttercup Festival
Somewhat
Raustralian

Postby Ian » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:42 pm

Lazy Ralphie. This project should be brought out of the water. It was fun.
We must build the republic of heaven in our world...

Is this heaven?...No, it's Iowa

I sell discount books, so sue me

Times are tight, and starting a band is good way to kill some time until the economy picks up
Ian
The Frog Prince

Postby Somewhat » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:29 am

I agree. Start poking as many people as you can. Anyway, I've already done 2 chapters.
Sraffie Awards 2008: Sexiest Male Sraffie // Formerly known as moonflash. Avatar courtesy of the lovely Bee.

"Can I make you a sandwich?"
"Okay - but no mayo. And no raisins, or celery. And no peas. No love, no joy, no future. No mushrooms."

- Buttercup Festival
Somewhat
Raustralian

Postby heatheradair » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:17 am

i've given up on trying to motivate people... i hate being disappointed (who doesn't?) and it's hard to be disappointed if you just don't get your hopes up in the first place. or the second place?
lexically.etsy.com

"Here's a golden Rule to begin with. Write legibly. The average temper of the human race would be perceptibly sweetened, if everybody obeyed this rule! A great deal of the bad writing in the world comes simply from writing too quickly. Of course you reply, 'I do it to save time.' A very good object, no doubt: but what right have you to do it at your friend's expense? Isn't his time as valuable as yours?" -Lewis Carroll
heatheradair
Text Twist Ninja

Postby Jaya » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:13 pm

Heather, I sent you random bits of my chapter, but probably needed to do some again...did you edit it?
"To him whose elastic and vigorous thought keeps pace with the sun, the day is a perpetual morning."
-Henry David Thoreau

ImageImageImageImageImage
Jaya
Je ne suis pas une sraffie.

Postby heatheradair » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:15 pm

i never could get it to open in audacity :(
lexically.etsy.com

"Here's a golden Rule to begin with. Write legibly. The average temper of the human race would be perceptibly sweetened, if everybody obeyed this rule! A great deal of the bad writing in the world comes simply from writing too quickly. Of course you reply, 'I do it to save time.' A very good object, no doubt: but what right have you to do it at your friend's expense? Isn't his time as valuable as yours?" -Lewis Carroll
heatheradair
Text Twist Ninja

Postby Will » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:18 pm

What format are they in?

Who was disappointed at not being able to do a chapter? Some people grabbed two and haven't done them..
Q: If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God tell you when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
Pullman: Well, I'm retiring, would you like to take it on ?
Will
Homo Sine Deo

Postby heatheradair » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:34 pm

i believe they were .wav?
lexically.etsy.com

heatheradair
Text Twist Ninja

Return to “%s” The Golden Compass / Northern Lights